Following Scholarships are Now Open or
Will Open Soon (Nov-Dec)
The following are national scholarships that are either full-ride or full-tuition scholarships open to high school students or current college students:
1. Dell Scholarship: Opens Nov. 1, 2016, awards 300 scholarships per year for graduating high school seniors. Scholarship covers tuition, lodging, fees, books and study abroad or internship program. Students must a minimum 2.4 GPA and must demonstrate financial need. Students must be U.S. Citizens or have status that qualifies them for federal financial aid, including being Federal Pell Grant eligible. The students must also have participated, or be participating in, a college readiness program, which includes: Alliance College-Ready Public Schools, AP Strategies, ASPIRE Public Schools, AVID, Bottom Line, Breakthrough Austin, College Forward, College Possible, Cristo Rey Network, Fulfillment Fund, GEAR UP, Genesys Works, Green Dot Public Schools, IDEA Academy, KIPP Academy/ KIPP Through College(KTC), Let's Get Ready, Mastery Charter Schools, Noble Charter, One Goal, Philadelphia Futures, Upward Bound, Upward Bound - Math Science, YES Prep Public Schools, Uncommon Schools and Uplift Education. Deadline is Jan. 15, 2017. Apply online.
2. Coca-Cola Scholarship: Already open, awards 150 high school seniors per year with $20,000 for tuition, lodging, books and a computer, is achievement-based over financial-need based. Students must be U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals or Permanent Residents, Refugees, Asylees, Cuban-Haitian Entrants, or Humanitarian Parolees. Not open to DACA or temporary residents. Students must have minimum 3.0 GPA and be leaders in their school or community. Deadline is Nov. 15, 2016. Apply online.
3. National Merit Scholarship: Students enter the Merit Scholarship Program by taking the PSAT in their junior year of high school usually in the fall. Students must be U.S. Citizens or legal permanent resident. There are 7,500 National Merit scholarships awarded per year for $2,500. A list of Merit Scholars are sent to colleges and universities, which provide their own scholarships to Scholars. Some Merit Scholars are also named National Hispanic Scholars, which does not include a scholarship, but many colleges/universities such as UNL offer large scholarships to Hispanic Scholars. Learn more.
4. Microsoft Scholarship: Now open. Open to all current college students in the U.S. majoring in the STEM field and have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Covers partial or one-year tuition. Deadline is Jan. 26, 2017. Apply online.
5. Burger King Scholars Program: Now open. Multiple scholarships are awarded and can range from $1,000 to $50,000. Applicants must be graduating high school seniors residing in U.S, Canada or Puerto Rico, have minimum 2.0 GPA and plan to be enrolled full-time in 2017-18 academic year at accredited college or university. Deadline is Dec. 15, 2016. Apply online.
The following are local scholarships for Nebraskan high school seniors or currently enrolled college students:
1. Susan Buffett Scholarship: Opens Nov. 1, 2016. Scholarship varies by Nebraska college or university that the student plans to attend, but it does cover tuition. Open to Nebraska student residents (including DACA) that will attend college or university in Nebraska. Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA and have financial need. Deadline is Feb. 1, 2017. Apply online.
2. Engebretson Foundation Scholarship: Now Open. One Nebraska high school senior receives a one-year $5,000 per-semester scholarship. Students must show strong academics and leadership ability, does NOT have to be Federal Pell Grant eligible. Must have minimum 3.75 GPA, be in top 5 percent of class, minimum 28 score on ACT or 1240 on the SAT. Deadline is March 1, 2017. Apply online
3. True Potential Scholarship: Now open to all DACA students in Nebraska. Covers one-year of college tuition to a community college in Nebraska. Deadline is March 27, 2017. Apply online.
4. Marie Curie Scholarship: Scholarship is worth $80,000 and covers all expenses to the College of St. Mary in Omaha. Five students receive the scholarship per year. Open to all high school seniors including DACA who apply to College of St. Mary and plan to major in biology, chemistry or mathematics. Must have a minimum 3.5 GPA, ACT score of 2.5 or higher or SAT Math & Verbal score of 1050 or higher. Apply when applying for enrollment. Learn more.
For more scholarships per college, visit the following websites:
1. Creighton University Scholarships
2. College of St. Mary Scholarships
3. Bellevue University Scholarships
4. The 3 State Colleges (Chadron, Peru & Wayne) Scholarships
5. Southeast Community College Scholarships
6. Doane College Scholarships
7. University of Nebraska - Lincoln Scholarships
8. University of Nebraska - Kearney Scholarships
9. University of Nebraska - Omaha Scholarships
10. Metro Community College Scholarships
11. Central Community College Scholarships
12. Hastings College Scholarships
13. Nebraska Wesleyan University Scholarships
14. University of Nebraska Medical Center Scholarships
15. Northeast Community College Scholarships
16. Western Nebraska Community College Scholarships
17. Clarkson College Scholarships
18. Concordia University Scholarships
19. Grace University Scholarships
20. Midland University Scholarships
21. Union College Scholarships
22. York College Scholarships
23. Nebraska Methodist College Scholarships